Cook and peel beets easily to add to soups, sides, salads, and beyond.
- Remove greens
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Place beets on a roasting pan or sheet tray and wrap and seal well with aluminum foil.
- Roast beets for 20-50 minutes until fork-tender.
- Remove beets when cooked through.
- Let cool until ready to handle, about 15 minutes.
- Wet hands and rub the skin off with fingers. Remove any stubborn skin with a paring knife.
- Cut to your desired size and shape.
- Serve or store as desired.
This same method of rubbing to remove the beet skin once cooked can also be used after boiling or steaming whole beets.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Knife Skills
- Cuisine: Any
Keywords: how to peel beets, how to skin beets, how to roast beets