Learn the best way to buy, prep, and use radishes.
- 1 Radish
- Clean radishes and green tops thoroughly under cold running water to remove dirt and debris.
- Remove radish greens and save for another use.
- Place a radish on its side on your cutting board and use a sharp knife to remove any thin or stringy roots.
- Hold the radish firmly and use your knuckles as a guide while you slice down through the radish from one side to the other.
- Repeat the process making uniform slices that are as thin as you’d like.
For julienned radishes, make stacks from the slices that are 2-3 slices high. Slice through the stacks, aiming for “matchsticks” that are as thick as they are wide.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Knife Skills
- Cuisine: Any
Keywords: how to cut a radish, how to slice a radish, radish quarters