Chimichurri sauce is served at room temperature and is an excellent accompaniment to barbecued meat, pasta, fatty fish or eggs. You can even use it on fresh baked bread!
- ½-cup, extra virgin olive oil
- 2-tablespoons, red wine vinegar
- ½-cup packed with finely chopped italian parsley
- 4-cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-teaspoon of fresh chopped oregano
- 1-teaspoon of coarse salt
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Prep all ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Allow the mixture at least 15 minutes to rest before serving.
If you have time, allow the mixture to rest for a few hours before serving. This allows the herbal flavors to properly infuse the olive oil. At a minimum, you should allow 15 minutes for this to occur.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Resting Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Argentinian